PDA

View Full Version : Haitians repatriated

abalavalas
05-22-01, 06:58 PM
"Haitians repatriated

The U.S. Coast Guard repatriated 121 Haitians on Monday along with 2 suspected smugglers. The migrants were found last Wednesday during two separate stops.

First, a Coast Guard cutter interdicted an overloaded boat carrying 109 Haitian migrants just 14 miles northeast of Guinchos Cay, Bahamas Wednesday. The boat was destroyed because it was deemed unsafe. Meanwhile, the Haitians on board were transferred to a Coast Guard cutter.
Also on Wednesday, a dozen Haitians were found, along with two suspected smugglers, on a boat several miles east of Boca Raton. U.S. Customs agents took the vessel and suspected smugglers into custody. That group was transferred to the same cutter as the first group. Now, all 123 people were returned to Haiti." 5/22/01

http://www.haitiwebs.com/ubb/smilies/confused.gif What happened to "la Paix nan tet, La Paix nan vent" why are all these people still fleeing the country now that they have "elected" their most cherished leader?

quid
08-30-01, 10:01 AM
what are you talking about?

100%haitien
09-01-01, 07:26 PM
I have my word to say about the Hatian Boat People. They don't really want to leave the Country by the convergence et people like you force to leave the country. When you block all the aid the country , when you put the convergence on their way and they can get what they need, so it s easy to understand why they leave.
Just Give a Chance to the Haitian People to decide, to choice who their want to govern them and you will see. The will stay home and they will be happy.

amwe88
01-06-02, 05:25 PM
The haitian Boat people phenomena is an embarrasment to all Haitians whether they are living in Haiti or abroad. How can a country that has been independent for 198 years and claims itself with pride as being the first Black republic in the western hemisphere. The thing that is most shocking is that some Haitian politicians in the past, used haitian boat people to flood the American shores as a tool to get the U.S. to release held back foreign Aid. This is one of the most cynical descisions, made by black people since African kings began selling their own kind. Another stange attitude is the ambivalence and the lack of responsibility of haitian governments to stop this kind of activity. The U.S. currently allows 40,000 Haitians to enter the country legally. Why are people risking their lives to get to the U.S. on some overloaded and ill equiped boat. The haitian Government should arrest the smuglers that are involved in this risky business.
The Haitian boat people should use the money they give the smuglers more wisely since thers only about a 5% chance that they will ever succed. ther haitian smugglers and boat builders should use their skills to better the haitian fishing industry. This shameful activity just gotta stop.

Lisa Weiand
01-25-02, 12:07 AM
:rolleyes: It seems to me that the problem of "boat people " is really a symptom of a larger problem. This will not end by constantly searching out the boats and returning the people. This will only end when there is nothing for them to run from. Why not stop what they are running from instead of constantly
trying to stop the people who are running ????? There has got to be a way to bring peace and safety to Haiti. It truely is heartbreaking to see such a beautiful land, with so much potential, always suffering. Look at all the surrounding islands...they are beautiful, prosperous, and not different enough from Haiti to justify the differences in welfare for the people. A metephor... If your car starts making terrible noises...turning up the radio so you can't hear it anymore doesn't make the problem go away....you have to find what is making the noise, fix it and then, everything will be fine. ........Turning up the radio ( chasing down the boat people ) isn't solving any problems. ... Find the problem. Fix the problem.. Then people can enjoy their home and won't be running.
Anyone who wishes to reply is welcome to..
Lisa@Haitiwebs.com:confused:

amwe88
01-25-02, 09:01 PM
I guess I was a little bit too harsh. I just recently learned that when it comes to illegal aliens, Haitians are at the bottom of the list, when compared with other nationals. In this country there are about 3 million illegal Mexicans. There are about 500,000 illegals from Central America, 1 million from Europe 300,000 from the Dominican Republic, 1,300,000 from Asia. Even Canadians surpass illegal Haitians in number, 150,000 to 48,000. Throughout history, people have always migrated to other areas, to escape persecution or where they hoped for a better way of life. Unfortunately, the modern world is confined to borders. Within each border, there are rules, laws customs and resources which were specifically designed by those and for those living within those borders. A country with abundant resources is better able to cope with a sudden surge of demand, for it's resources. A poorer country, will have a much more difficult time. You can almost consider the borders, as a picket fence around someones home. Depending on the size of the home, the land surrounding it and the resources available, the owner of the home might overlook or even help to feed those who have jumped over the picket fence, but there is a limit. If the owner of the home does nothing to stem the incoming tide of people jumping over his picket fence, pretty soon he will run out of resources to feed himself and his family. Those who jump over the fence only see the resources but not the owner. They are unable to judge the owners predicament because their own predicament, is blinding their eyes. Some even might erroneously feel that since the owner has so much, then they are entitled. But the owner who owns the home and the people living on the land which is surrounded by a picket fence sees otherwise. Others might say, that this is a harsh statement, which it could be, if only being seeing from the illegals perspective. This is the predicament that Haiti is in right now. Overpopulated and lacking in resources or peace, they are overflowing into and crossing over other territories at an alarming rate. The people in these territories while not wanting to sound mean and inhospitable, are nonetheless very concerned about the situation.
That's why conscientiously speaking, I propose that those in charge, should take more of an active role in stemming these activities, not only for the sake of harmony in the region but as ameans of self respect. Unfortnately there is a limit !!!

Yveline Legerme
01-31-02, 08:41 PM
Haiti is a country where has always fought for what they wanted. If Haiti has no aid from other more wealthy country's it will never advance.

amwe88
02-01-02, 10:23 AM
Currently Haiti is in desperate need of financial AID as well as technological know how from wealthier and more advanced countries. However, this is not a catch-all, Haiti cannot keep relying on this AID to continue for ever. If the nation is to survive and strive, then it must implement policies that will make it, self sufficient. Other smaller and independent nations have managed to do just that and I think so can Haiti. The thing they have to do is to eliminate the custom of dependency on other nations. There is always strings attached when it comes to this so called AID.

drshpilkis
05-09-02, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by 100%haitien
I have my word to say about the Hatian Boat People. They don't really want to leave the Country by the convergence et people like you force to leave the country. When you block all the aid the country , when you put the convergence on their way and they can get what they need, so it s easy to understand why they leave.
Just Give a Chance to the Haitian People to decide, to choice who their want to govern them and you will see. The will stay home and they will be happy.

drshpilkis
05-09-02, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by amwe88
Currently Haiti is in desperate need of financial AID as well as technological know how from wealthier and more advanced countries. However, this is not a catch-all, Haiti cannot keep relying on this AID to continue for ever. If the nation is to survive and strive, then it must implement policies that will make it, self sufficient. Other smaller and independent nations have managed to do just that and I think so can Haiti. The thing they have to do is to eliminate the custom of dependency on other nations. There is always strings attached when it comes to this so called AID.

drshpilkis
05-09-02, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by amwe88
I guess I was a little bit too harsh. I just recently learned that when it comes to illegal aliens, Haitians are at the bottom of the list, when compared with other nationals. In this country there are about 3 million illegal Mexicans. There are about 500,000 illegals from Central America, 1 million from Europe 300,000 from the Dominican Republic, 1,300,000 from Asia. Even Canadians surpass illegal Haitians in number, 150,000 to 48,000. Throughout history, people have always migrated to other areas, to escape persecution or where they hoped for a better way of life. Unfortunately, the modern world is confined to borders. Within each border, there are rules, laws customs and resources which were specifically designed by those and for those living within those borders. A country with abundant resources is better able to cope with a sudden surge of demand, for it's resources. A poorer country, will have a much more difficult time. You can almost consider the borders, as a picket fence around someones home. Depending on the size of the home, the land surrounding it and the resources available, the owner of the home might overlook or even help to feed those who have jumped over the picket fence, but there is a limit. If the owner of the home does nothing to stem the incoming tide of people jumping over his picket fence, pretty soon he will run out of resources to feed himself and his family. Those who jump over the fence only see the resources but not the owner. They are unable to judge the owners predicament because their own predicament, is blinding their eyes. Some even might erroneously feel that since the owner has so much, then they are entitled. But the owner who owns the home and the people living on the land which is surrounded by a picket fence sees otherwise. Others might say, that this is a harsh statement, which it could be, if only being seeing from the illegals perspective. This is the predicament that Haiti is in right now. Overpopulated and lacking in resources or peace, they are overflowing into and crossing over other territories at an alarming rate. The people in these territories while not wanting to sound mean and inhospitable, are nonetheless very concerned about the situation.
That's why conscientiously speaking, I propose that those in charge, should take more of an active role in stemming these activities, not only for the sake of harmony in the region but as ameans of self respect. Unfortnately there is a limit !!!

frantzl
09-23-02, 03:30 PM
I wouldto share my opinion!

Well as a matter of fact haitian boat people is not only in haiti as a haitian citizen resident in the Islan of st.maarten we have the same problem also here even ten thoussand times worst at least here they have the posibility to afford it they are still doing it we I don't think the problem is only in haiti tomy opinion it seem that is our main problem I have to be honnest with all of you I think every haitian goal is to be in the U.S. which I could give you a clear example we have wholive in the island for more than 20 to 25 yrs are still taking the boat to go america and I am honnest with some of the have the Dutch passport I could give you a clear example couple months back there when the boat sank severalhaitians have lost their lives a few of them had the dutch passport that they could have travel to any where in the world so I don't the president could stop haitians of taking boat to miami even thing is getting better they are still will take the chance I serious well I have been to the state several times and also in the European country which I found that haitians could survive any where well from the Island of st.maarten to the fan of haitiwebs.com my Name is Schiller Laplante and e-mail address:esemuchacho@hotmail.com my best wishes to every one of you in haiti and outside of the country where ever you may be!
My Name Is Schiller Laplante
P.O.BOX 888
Philipsburg St.Maarten
E-mail: esemuchacho@hotmail.com

fleurnoire
09-24-02, 08:41 PM
this is my opinion so don't take it personally.:rolleyes:
i agree with both amwe88 and Lisa(not in the same order).
what they need to do in Haiti is change to way they do politic and let the people really vote; not try to scared them or buy their votes. Aristide is a punk and a triffling, good-for-nothing,low life Haitian who seriously need God. As long as he's leading the country, there will only be desaster. The Haitian people also need to turn to God instead of their voodoo spirits who are not helping n-e-ways. if they were helping, Haiti would of been in America's place.:p

Lisa Weiand
11-11-02, 10:04 PM
drshpilkis ..... you have housing ???? in Haiti???

you still want to help ???

please respond.

Lisa@Haitiwebs.com

Lisa Weiand
11-11-02, 10:10 PM
fleurnoire ... I agree with you as well. If the people of Haiti could see that God wants them to be free, healthy and to prosper , they would turn from their gods who have brought them and their country poverty and sickness.
God heals , brings peace, heals sickness , restores families...
every good thing is in God.
Gods enemy seeks to steal , kill and destroy.
It seems like an easy choice.

Please respond.

Lisa@Haitiwebs.com

Lisa Weiand
11-11-02, 10:51 PM
amwe88 ..... i understand your picket fence metaphor, and that is what is happening in the United States, ... but I look at all the countries we DO help, they also have unrest... Good God we are feeding the county-men of the country who blew up the world trade center...!!! yet we can't help Haiti because of "political un-rest"... come on....we should help to restore Haiti to a country that its people WANT to live in, not have to live in.
Yes, we do have to have the co-operation of their government....otherwise they will do as they have done in the past and charge a price for food we have given freely; among other things much much worse.
I do not pretend to have the solution, just a heart for the problem.

Haitinow!
11-15-02, 04:13 PM
Collective Emancipation now!!!
There is no prosperous nation without united dignified disciplined citizens

Haitinow!
11-15-02, 04:46 PM
Haiti will prosper when it will be A free nation in which free enterprises will replace handouts from the International community and neocolononialistic practices. A modern Haiti is a Haiti without corruption and fratricidal wars, without dependency from foreign doctrines wheter they are religious, political and economic.
Haiti will be emancipated when self discipline and Unity will replace neocolonialism under the international law of Interdependence through a Consensus Moral national.
We want a Haitian National doctrine in a State of Law now!

We want Collective Emancipation Now!!!! Free Your minds. Work harder!!!
Éde sak pa wè yo pou yo vinn wè ak siksè kolektif sak pi émansipé yo. Viv linité, viv konpétans viv ékzanp sivik.

Viv yon bel Ayiti koté tout moun ap maché pwop, tèt anlè nan le travay, la pwosprérité é la pè, la men dan la men, tankou tout péyi dévlopé.

Kasé chenn lesklavaj mantal-la. Travay nan disiplin, la men dan la men pou la pè ak la pwospérité.
Viv la solidarité sitoyenn. Vive la liberté collective. Nou pa vlé ni restavek, ni esklav ni zombi nan péyi-a ankô.
Nou pa vlé diskrimasion, eksklision, sektarism ankô nan péyi-a.
Ouvè jé nou!!!!! Konsansis Moral Nasional now!
Manbrasé tout aysien kap fè éfô pou limiè akpwospérité jayi nan péyi-a ak tout kèm

Lisa Weiand
11-15-02, 11:18 PM
Hello again. The stance is not lowered ; To be continued.

Haiti
11-16-02, 12:48 PM
Until Haitians are able to see with their eyes closed, Haiti will be in the predicament that it is in and has always been in.

Please close your eyes so that you can see!

Haitinow!
11-16-02, 12:49 PM
Greetings to you Lisa. How are you my friend? Please support the efforts of the conscientious competent patriots of Haiti.

Let our revendications be known where you live and among your friends. Let it be known to your authorities. Support a lofty cause. Promote universal values and solidarity between nations. haiti needs to build in solidarity with every civilized country.
I thank you in advance on behalf of all sincere and competent patriots.

Hugs.

Viv Ayiti nan solidarité Internasional ak tout nasion sivilizé! Doktrin lot péyi pa bon pou nou. Sé disiplin ak prinsip inivèsel sosioékonomik ké tout nasion sivilizé apliké , tout nasion kap pwospéré, koté tout moun ap maché tèt anlè, la men dan la men ki bon pou nou. Sé konsa selman nou nou ka kasé chenn lesklavaj mantal. Nou pa vlé fè restavek lot pèp ankô. A ba lesklavaj sou tout kalité fom.

Nou pa ka éradiké Aids vré nan kondision sa yo, sé manti! twop dèt sou tèt nou, institision yo fèb, pa gen infrastrikti, twop moun pa konn li, twop moun grangou. Nou sé péyi ki pi pov nan émisfè-a.

Politik dégrenn goch divizé sak pi konpétan yo, pou kinbé majorité-a nan lesklavaj. A ba divizion. Nou bouké!

Nou pa ka fè sa tout moun ap fè. Nou pa ka ni Kominis ni Kapitalis ni Sosialis. Sé aplikasion bon prinsip tout péyi kap pwospéré yo nou vlé ak kolaborasion tout péyi sivilizé yo nou vlé.

Nou gen moun konpétan ki paré pou travay, ban nou chans pou nou oganizé tèt nou. Prété nou pou nou modènizé péyi-a à lon tèm, na peyié kom dabitid, men nou pa vlé lesklavaj mantal ni fizik ankô, nou pa vlé divizion ni sektarism ni leksklizion.

4 jibileé déjà pasé sou Ayity, okenn jès sinsè pa fèt pou démontré ké paradigm jidéokrétyen-an sé pou lanmou ak solidarité tout bon antré nou tout é pi sipô pi fô a pou édé pi fèb la ki anba-a ka monté li yé. Ayiti kontinié ak divizion, krazé brizé, violans gè fratrisid. Légliz katolik pa défand nou o non paradigm jidéokrétien-an ni o non krisianité. Dèt dé lindépendans wuiné nou apré yo finn toupizi nou nan lesklavaj.

Étranjé,Kolaboré avek nou édé nou lagé esklav mantal yo, édé nou déklaré la libèté pou tout moun ak la lwa, la jistis é la pwospérité.

Viv yon bel péyi koté tout moun lib ap maché tèt anlè ak dinyité la men dan la men pou pwospérité à lon tèm. A ba sektarism ak leksklizion. A ba la povreté. aba lesklavaj mantal. A ba tout doktrin ki pa bon pou nou.

Collective Emancipation Now!

Haitians be your brothers' keepers first. Solidarity of the conscientious and competent now!

Haitinow!
11-16-02, 01:08 PM
Happy are those who can see with their eyes closed indeed. They shall lead the nation to collective Emancipation.

Let us help and encourage all haitians by all means Haiti. You have spoken right my brother.
Thanks for your patriotic intervention.
Collective Emancipation now!

Viv yon bel Ayity koté tout moun nèt ap maché tèt anlè nan la pè ak la pwospérité tankou nan tout péyi sivilizé kap pwospéré.
Patriotic hugs.

izzyp
09-25-03, 12:59 PM
OK...

All this talk about the how the U.S. is aiding others and how we feel somehow abandoned, is not anybody's fault except for us as Haitians. Forget about the US helping Haiti, that is not the solution. All I hear is talk, all I hear are proposals but nobody seems to have enough initiative to take action. We should know better than to wait for some type benevolent response from the United States. No country will never experience true democracy unless they themselves decide that everything needs to change. it is time for the collective haitian commuity to get on their knees and ask God for forgiveness and maybe then we'll have hope. Because without God there is no hope.

Haitinow!
10-04-03, 01:29 PM
Diliv
With the love of ones' country everything is possible. With the love of Power you have that situation which is occuring in Haiti now. There is a mathematical connection to that which some seem to submit to metaphysics but that higher consciousness can easily explain.
Kitém ekspliké sam vlé di-a : Si nan yon group moun ki gen konésans, mwayen ak résous gen plis nan gwoup la ki pansé a fè lé Bien Wap gen la pè,ékilib, jistis ak pwospérité. Men si gen plis moun nan lélit sa-a ki ap pansé a poch yo, ak égo yo, ki ap pansé a déboch ak banboch wap gen yon péyi koté oprésion, violans,délinkans eksklizion sosial pwostitision ak la mizè ap rényié. Sé trè fasil pou konprann yon ti ékwasion konsa diliv.Donk ou mèt swiv rézonman-an.
Mwen toujou di sé lélit ki gen konésans, mwayen ak résous, ki vlé di ké sé yo pou ki infliansé konpotman la majorité ak self disiplin ak bon egzanp. Lè wou gen yon Lidèship konsian ki respekté prinsip espiritiel: "Pa fèm sam pap fè'w" la, la nasion ap avansé. Si Lidèship la ki gen mwayen ak konésans la konsantré sou pouvwa pito, péyi sa-a pap fè yon pa nan la pè, nasion sa-a ap viv nan Kawo, nan violans, nan instabilité, nan mizè ak nan malpropté sou tout fom ak tout aspè ké malpwopté genyen. Nou pa bézwen ap préché lot moun yon bagay nou poko mété an pratik lakay nou. Sa tou sé yon prinsip menm Jan ak prinsip ki di ké: Yon Aveg pa ka kondwi yon lot aveg paské yo tou 2 ap tonbé nan twou. Sé sa ki selfdisiplin nan tou. Hypocrizi kolektiv lélit aysienn nan sé nan éta mizérab péyi-a li réflété a a konpotman pitit lélit la.Men sak rélé konésans la diliv. Tout isms ak schisms yo lagé nan tèt nou nan lékol- dé- pansé nou soti yo pa vlé di yon merd my Friend. Si sé pou fè bel Essay, bel Tèz, bel atik jounal, bel Editorial, bel analiz politik, bel estratéji politik, bel diatrib patriotik, bel téyori ak doktrin téolojik ,ékonomik ak politik pou fè Titit dodo nou fô nan sa. Men bagay sa yo grav, sé mansonj yon dal zannimo ki pa sivilizé ki abyié an moun ki palé ak yon lang moun men ki san konsians, san prinsip san lanmou di pwochen, san konpasion, san disiplin ap fè dépi trô lontan nan péyi-a. Mwen pa kwè nan robo sa yo mwen menm Diliv, yo pa gen lespri Diliv. Mwen kwè nan moun kap fè éfô pou kité konsians yo palé menm nan sitiasion advèsité ki ka grav pou yo. Fo profèt nan tout la ri Diliv, nan politik menm yo fè 2 pou 5 my friend. Beware!
Toutotan gen plis moun kap pansé an bien, ki gen disiplin é ki respekté prinsip : "Pa fèm sam pap Fè'w la",sé toutotan tou Ayiti gen plis chans poul soti nan la Mizè. Pwoblem nou sè ké gen plis moun ki ap pansé poch yo ak pouvwa yo ka genyen sou lot. Pwoblem nou sè ké nou gen yon lélit délinkan, yon lélit sovaj, barbar, malpwop ak selman yon ti minorité ki gen "Higher Conscience". Sa réflété nan politik, nan bizniss, nan makro-ékonomi,nan édikasion, nan Anviwonman-an, nan mank dé responsablité sivik,menm jan ak nan asassina kap fet tout la jounen tout lan nwit. Nan palé démagoji pou yo volè pi bien, pou yo gen plis métress ak plis zonbi ki pa ka pansé pou tèt yo, yo blyé kijan pou yo négosié bienèt pèp la nan bon sans, yo vand bienèt pèp la ak avni pèp la ak kominoté inténasional la, san yo pa konsidéré bel bagay pwogrè kolektif ak Emansipasion kolektiv nan pwospérité matériel ak spiritiel pou tout moun an jénéral ta ka fè pou yon bel péyi pou yon gran péyi. Genyen tou kap fè restavek blan pou kinbé frè ak sè yo nan "bateys", ou bien kap blofè pép la pou yo ka asouvi awogans yo ak swaf pouvwa yo genyen. Nou bézwen yon lélit ki pa ni youn ni lot nan katégori kém sité an wo-a la. Nou bézwen yon lélit ki konprann valè Limilité ak Jénérozité kom kondision pou éradiké violans ak la mizè nan Ayiti Toma. Mourir bel vré men tou sé pou yon moun ka itilizé disenman li sou baz La Vèti é non sou baz la Malis pou yo ka mouri pou péyi yo. Mwen pap maché ak pèsonn san konsians, ni Awogan ni restavek blan kap oprésè neg.Ni Neg ak Milat kap di : "Suis je le gardien de mon frère?" ou bien kap mété responsabilité "collective decay" lélit la ak péyi-a sou yon gwoup é non sou mank dé konsians individiel ak mank dé self disiplin chak sitwayen. Sé pa patriot moun sa yo yé, sé zannimo ak délinkan yo yé. It is an ugly scene indeed. I refuse to ally myself in ugly conditions with ugly souls, However I am ready to die with all conscientious men of valor who wish to see a peaceful prosperous collectively emancipated Haiti and who recognize the necessity to isolate the group among the élité ki anpéché majorité-a évolié-a. Sonjé tou ké yo vinn sou tout koulè, ké yo soti nan tout rélijion ké yo tout konnen filozof ak doktrinè ki préché Bien ni sa ki préché Mal, ni sa ki préché Manti ni sa ki préché La Vérité.
Mèsi pou opotinité-a

On 10/2/2003 3:37:11 PM, diliv wrote:
>If we ought to get into the
>psych, we can't ignore the law
>of ethics. What? yeah, knowing
>the psych doesn't necessarily
>mean a leader will deliver the
>goods. Aristide is a
>psychologue, but he is as
>corrupt as the next guy. His
>lack of ethics is the problem.
>The virtues of what is right