PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Laine has committed to play soccer at Holy Cross University in Massachusetts.

bana2166
04-04-06, 05:42 PM
Durant Soccer squads split with Northwest Classen
Glenn Price

OKLAHOMA CITY - Venerable Taft stadium in old northwest Oklahoma City played host to the Durant soccer teams against Northwest Classen Friday night. These were the first district games of the season for Durant.

The boys' team ran into a buzz saw in Classen's Wesley Laine who scored four goals on the Lions as Classen won, 5-1. The Lions' record is also 5-1 at this point in the season.

The Lions will remember No. 10, of the Northwest Classen Knights for some time to come. Laine took some rocket shots from all over the field against the Lions. The speed and power of the shots seemed to surprise the entire defense. The good news is that the Lions will not face Laine next year. Laine, a senior from Haiti, has committed to play soccer for Holy Cross University in Massachusetts.

The ball control skills of the Knights were exceptional. They controlled the game because they were able to control the ball so well.

The Lions were down, 2-0, when Jared Bourne scored his seventh goal of the season with an unstoppable shot into the top left corner of the net with about 18 minutes left in the first half.

This seemed to fire the Lions up until Laine scored his third goal of the night with 12 minutes left in the half.

The field at Taft (100yds X 53yds) was very small for high school soccer as the long jump pit was in the way. This seemed to hamper the Lion's long passing game. Many of the through passes were corralled by the active goal keeper of the Knights.

With only 10 minutes gone in the second half, Laine scored his fourth goal and then only one minute later, the Knights scored the final goal for the 5-1 lead and win. The Lions played good defense for the rest of the game holding Classen scoreless for the final 30 minutes.

Durant will take on Norman North on Monday night at the Durant High School with the Ladies' game beginning at 5 p.m. and the boys' game will start at 7 p.m

HaitianPrince06
05-09-06, 01:33 AM
Hey this is Wesley Laine,

I wanna thank Foire d"opinions Haitiennes for allowing this article to be posted on here. I wanna also think the person who took the time to post this article. Your support means a lot to me. I also want to confirm my commitment to the College of the Holy Cross next year. Thank You for your support....

Wesley Laine

bana2166
05-10-06, 10:12 AM
Bana2166 ... Your welcome Wesley Laine

Would you consider playing for the Haitian National Team if you are ask to play for them?

HaitianPrince06
05-10-06, 05:11 PM
Oh Most Definitely...It would be an honor...I still have a lot of work to do to get better, I feel that Coach Comrie at Holy Cross will help me with that and as I gain more experience on the college level, I hope that opportunity comes...

Wes

bana2166
05-11-06, 09:24 AM
Cool Wesley ...Congratulation and Good Luck at Holy Cross .... I'll pass your message to the Federation of Haiti.

HaitianPrince06
05-11-06, 09:11 PM
Thank You...

Just the thought of playing alongside Fabrice Noel and Jean-Phillipe Peguerro makes me want to work harder and harder everyday...Josmere Altidore plays for the U.S. U-17 squad but that could change...I want to let everybody know that Haitian soccer is on the rise, do not count us out yet...