PDA

View Full Version : Haiti Last minute addition to 2006 CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup

bana2166
05-17-06, 10:34 AM
T&T hosting two groups in Women's Gold Cup qualifying
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) - Trinidad and Tobago will be hosting the last two first round groups for the Caribbean qualification to the 2006 CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup when Groups C and D are contested this week at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar.

Group C comprises St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and last-minute additions Haiti, while Dominica, Grenada and the hosts Trinidad and Tobago will battle for Group D honours.

The winners of each group will tackle the Group A winners Dominican Republic and Jamaica, winners of Group B, in the Caribbean Final Round set for September at a venue to be announced.

Elsewhere, the Central American qualification Group B will take place in Panama from May 24-28, along with Costa Rica and Guatemala.

The winner of the Central American Group B along with the top two teams from September's Caribbean Final Round, will join Canada, Mexico and the hosts USA in the 2006 CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup in November.

The six-team Women's Gold Cup, which will crown the CONCACAF champions, will also qualify two nations to the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup in China.

The third-placed finisher from the CONCACAF event will face an Asian team in a home-and-away playoff for the final berth to the FIFA tournament.

Cassa Boubou
05-18-06, 09:19 AM
Can anyone tell me Why was Haiti a last minute add ? What can we expect from our athletes if the people in charge are so incompetent and are ruined the sport for us. Added at the last minute... Who is to blame, who's fault it is? What state of mind are the women? Can they succeed ? This is what I call a recipe for disaster .... We need to change our ways, we need to get rid of the people in charge of the FHF.... Obviously they are taking us ( Haitian players in general ) right down the toilet .( Excuse my french)..