PDA

View Full Version : Sad News for the diaspora

TiCam
11-10-06, 01:00 PM
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.
Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.
Shut up. You know it's not funny.

NOTE: Every child in America, and almost every adult, knows the Hokey Pokey. You just put your right foot in and put your right foot out to perform one of the best-known circle dances in American history.

krisanne
11-10-06, 07:05 PM
I read this article thinking by it's headline it was an to state that the Diaspora news feature may be removed. Thinking oh no!
Instead it's the announcement of someone's passing. He's someone's family and they're suffering a loss....and for some ...they loved him as a celebrity...maybe not everyone.
This could be a giggle in the future, but not when he's not even been laid to rest. Not very respectful!

Titine
11-10-06, 10:23 PM
Every english speaking knows what's The Hokey Pokey. Stupid woman, why don't you read before you criticize. Or, why don't you learn how to read English first.

I read this article thinking by it's headline it was an to state that the Diaspora news feature may be removed. Thinking oh no!
Instead it's the announcement of someone's passing. He's someone's family and they're suffering a loss....and for some ...they loved him as a celebrity...maybe not everyone.
This could be a giggle in the future, but not when he's not even been laid to rest. Not very respectful!

TiCam
11-10-06, 10:27 PM
Titine,

Ne t'en fait pas. Le chien aboie, la caravanne passe!

Inouie
11-10-06, 10:34 PM
Larry LaPrise, died in April 1996 at 83 in Boise, Idaho.

karizmua
11-10-06, 10:38 PM
Titine and TiCam, don't even bother just shout the Hokey Pokey:

You put your butt in,
You put your butt out
You put your butt in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

Shake your butt TiCam & Titine lol

krisanne
11-11-06, 12:06 AM
This article was posted under the news feature. I think it's completely mis categorized and should be put in the joke section. If you want to make jokes about death and then post open an thread...even more sad.
For those of you who replied, looks great for the site doesn't it? ridiculing members and "stupid"...I would never use that on anybody. You know it!
I'm not a "Hokey Pokey" fan...so I thought this to be actual news. Sorry I don't line dance like you must. Now I really trust your news updates...whatever!
Where are your prioritities? Love to know.....

TiCam
11-11-06, 01:47 PM
For your information this thread is in the Forum Events, NOT in the news section. Read, read, read (side up)woman before you answer. :sdrolleyes: